Please use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to be able to view this website as intended.
E 115 is an introductory course that all incoming College of Engineering students (first year, transfer, etc.) are required to complete. This course's purpose is to better prepare students for using the computing and technology resources of the College of Engineering at North Carolina State University.
What should you expect about the flow of the E 115 course?
- 1 hour and 50 minute lab and lecture combination that meets once per week
- Taught by trained undergraduate lab instructors
- Each week, an class assignments will be completed independently during class time
- Regular homework assignments will be completed independently outside of class time
- Regular reading assignments will be completed independently outside of class time
E 115 is a credit-only course, meaning students cannot earn a letter grade but instead either Pass ("S") or Fail ("U"). Students can choose to take the course at any time as it is available in the Fall, Spring, and 10 week Summer sessions. E 115 is offered on campus laptop sections, on campus computer lab sections, or Online (think hybrid, not Distance Education) in the Spring and Fall semesters.
Over the Summer, E 115 is typically only offered in person.
Students who feel they have complete knowledge of the class prior to taking the E 115 course may choose to take an official Credit By Exam for E 115 that is offered by the Computer Science Department.
To receive credit for the course students must do one of the following:
- Receive at least 70% on the Credit by Exam
- Obtain at least 700 out of 1000 possible points using the point system throughout a regular semester
This website is contantly being updated. Any comments or suggestions you have are greatly appreciated and welcomed. Please fill out the Online Textbook Request form for website additions as well.